The Give a Gift concept has been developed by a partnership of organisations that recognises the need for the Muslim community to play a wider role within the mainstream society. Since its inception it now works with people and partners from all backgrounds, contributing to our aim of making society a fairer and more harmonious community for everyone.
Through small acts of kindness, we believe we can all play a simple part in improving the place we live in. Since our launch we have raised over £125,000 for beneficiary charities and donated 3,000 toys and gifts. Local businesses, community organisations, partner agencies and members of the public, have all been involved in the cause and our volunteer led approach encourages people to contribute through developing local initiatives of their own.
What Do We Do ?
Our Mission - To help facilitate better relations between disparate communities through; supporting, giving; volunteering and raising funds for good causes.
Strands of Work
We have three mains stands of work:
- Supporting disadvantaged communities through bridging the void between the assistance provided by the statutory agencies and the actual need of individuals and families.
- Encourage cohesion and harmony within different communities through working in partnership with people and organisations of all backgrounds in a common goal to help alleviate poverty.
- Working with local children’s charities, such as the Children’s Heart Surgery Fund, Martin House Hospice and Candlelighters (a children’s cancer charity) to help raise both funds and awareness of the work they carry out.
Our key objectives are:
- Ensure wider access to our services and activities, through developing our volunteer base
- Improve the physical and mental wellbeing of our beneficiaries through enhanced levels of social interaction as a result of introducing more social, leisure and recreational activities into our programme.
- To increase the quality of our services through incorporating trained volunteers from the target community into the delivery and planning of our work.
- To develop partnerships with other community groups and charities to assist with the quality and sustainability of our work.
- To ensure early levels of intervention and implement an efficient referral mechanism with other support agencies, to stop individuals and families suffering unnecessarily.
- To continue raising funds for local mainstream charities and improve awareness of the valuable work they undertake.